No matter if it’s social media, the news, or conversations in the workplace; it is tough to realize the state of our country. Though we have never been perfect, it seems as though we have hit the gas pedal to a decline. Whether it is another day and a new executive order signed, banning people, or alternative facts covered in press conferences. The current times are tough and I can’t help but think of the battles that our ancestors had to fight. No matter what obstacles stood in their way, they ALWAYS found a way to overcome. It gives me hope knowing where I come from and the strength that resides within.
Here are 25 quotes to remind you that you will come out victorious no matter what lies ahead of you.
1. "I am water. What does water do when it hits a barrier? It goes around it." - Mara Brock Akil
2. "Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." – President Barack Obama
3. "Freedom is never given; it is won." - A. Philip Randolph
4. "It’s up to you to be responsible for how you feel if you’re not happy. Your happiness lies in your hands. You can’t rely on a man to make you happy or complete you. That starts with you." – Taraji Henson
5. "I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear." - Rosa Parks
6. "Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations." – Dr. Mae Jemison (first African American female astronaut)
7. "Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly" – Langston HughesRead More